1. CALL: Call our automated number at 303-789-5920 and press 2 to reach our Audition Hotline. Leave your name and number (or a preferred way to contact you). Our Audition Coordinator will contact you very quickly with further information and instructions, and to schedule an audition.
2. Send us an Audition Application Form before your scheduled audition: Click HERE to open a CCC Audition Application Form. You can fill it out immediately right on your computer, or print the blank form to be filled out by hand at your leisure. Please be sure to re-enter your name and date at the top of page 2 of the form.The form is in PDF format, and thus the completed form will not save to your computer. It will, however, print, so if you can print it, then scan it as a new pdf document, you can get it to us as an email attachment. Please include your name in the file name, JohnDoeAudition.pdf, for example, and email it to email@example.com .We prefer that you send the form to us electronically, but if that isn’t possible, please fill out the form and print it, then mail it to: Auditions, 4036 S. Atchison Way, Aurora, CO 80014.
It is extremely helpful for us to have your printed application before your audition.
Auditions are held by appointment only, at the director’s discretion. After we have received and reviewed your form our auditions coordinator or director will contact you.
Prospective members should have choral experience and a working knowledge of music notation. We rehearse on Tuesday evenings 6:45 – 9:15 at Bethany Lutheran Church from late August through mid-May. Attendance is expected for most rehearsals. Bethany Lutheran Church is located at 4500 East Hampden at the South West intersection of Hampden and Dahlia in Cherry Hills Village.
Some things to note:
- Dues are $110 per semester, payable in August and January. You can pay on line (through our Members Only page), but be aware that we must add a $3.00 surcharge to cover the fees PayPal charges us.
- Men wear tuxedos, women wear Chorale dresses. The costs of the dresses are about $115 for a new one, and $58.00 for a used one.
- Members are expected to have a black music folder for sheet music. There are tons of varieties and sources, so if you google “Black Folder choir” you’ll find what you’re looking for. It’s best to buy the ones with the elastic strings to hold the music rather than those with only 3-ring binders. We often borrow music from other choirs, and we can’t punch holes in others’ property.
- You can use your tablet music program, but we ask, in the interest of uniformity, that it be housed in a black protective case. That’s not a requirement, just a suggestion.
Here’s the rehearsal/concert attendance policy.
ATTENDANCE (The following policy applies to each Concert Set)
- You are expected to attend all rehearsals and concerts.
- You are responsible for notifying your Section Leader in advance of any absence.
- You may miss one rehearsal in a Concert Set. A second absence may be granted at the discretion of the Section Leader. Participation at rehearsal retreats may make up for an additional absence.
- If more absences are necessary, you and your Section Leader will need to determine if you are sufficiently prepared to sing in the concert. If not, you will be put on leave for that Concert Set. You may resume participation for the next Concert Set.
- Absences from a concert week rehearsal must be cleared with the Artistic Director in order to sing the concert. If you anticipate missing a performance, you must discuss your absence with your Section Leader and the Artistic Director at the earliest possible date.
- You are responsible for obtaining all information given during your absence before the next rehearsal (e.g., music markings/notations, change in rehearsal times).
- Courtesy to the Artistic Director and to the Chorale membership requires promptness at rehearsals. Please explain tardiness or early departure to your Section Leader. Section Leaders will monitor the amount of rehearsal time missed. Arrival or departure at break will be counted as one-half (1/2) absence.
Auditioning for The Cherry Creek Chorale is easy! It takes about 15 minutes and no special preparation is required. The audition consists of:
- Singing “America” (My Country ‘Tis of Thee) in a variety of keys
- Vocalizing to ascertain range and tone quality
- Sing an a cappela major scale
- Sing a selection of aural recall exercises
- Sight read melody and rhythm
- Perform a music independence exercise
You’ll talk briefly with Brian Leatherman, our Artistic Director and Conductor, about your choral background, interest, and commitment. The Chorale schedule, dues, performance attire and attendance policy will be explained by a member of the Member Services Committee. If you can commit to the responsibilities of membership, enjoy performing the best choral literature, and want to share the enthusiasm and friendship of fellow singers, then call the Chorale hotline, 303-789-5920, or click here to arrange an audition via email!
Auditions for NEW chorale members and re-auditions for RETURNING members who have missed 2 or more concerts will be held by appointment only, at the Director’s discretion. To schedule an audition, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHERRY CREEK CHORALE WELLNESS POLICY
- Masks will be optional at rehearsals and performances.
All members should respect the personal mask-wearing decisions of others.
- If a member is sick/feeling unwell for any reason, they should NOT attend rehearsal.
Members who become ill with Covid, Influenza (flu), Norovirus, or other easily transmissible disease within 24-48 hours after attending rehearsal should report the illness to their Section Leader, so that the rest of the section can be notified.
- Members should notify their Section Leader in the case of an absence.
See the Membership Handbook for the complete Attendance Policy.
- Online practice tools and rehearsal videos are posted on the CCC Member’s webpage for music practice at home.
- Up-to-date vaccinations against influenza and Covid are encourage, though at each Member’s discretion.
- All Members should respect the personal vaccination decisions of others.Providing a safe, healthy and respectful environment for our Members to rehearse and perform choral music is a top priority
of the Cherry Creek Chorale.