1. CALL: Call our automated number at 303-789-5920 and press 2 to reach our Audition Hotline. Leave your name and number (or a preferred way to contact you). Our Audition Coordinator will contact you very quickly with further information and instructions, and to schedule an audition.
2. Send us an Audition Application Form before your scheduled audition: Click HERE to open a CCC Audition Application Form. You can fill it out immediately right on your computer, or print the blank form to be filled out by hand at your leisure. Please be sure to re-enter your name and date at the top of page 2 of the form.The form is in PDF format, and thus the completed form will not save to your computer. It will, however, print, so if you can print it, then scan it as a new pdf document, you can get it to us as an email attachment. Please include your name in the file name, JohnDoeAudition.pdf, for example, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .We prefer that you send the form to us electronically, but if that isn’t possible, please fill out the form and print it, then mail it to: Auditions, 4036 S. Atchison Way, Aurora, CO 80014.
It is extremely helpful for us to have your printed application before your audition.
Auditions are held by appointment only, at the director’s discretion. After we have received and reviewed your form our auditions coordinator or director will contact you.
Prospective members should have choral experience and a working knowledge of music notation. We rehearse on Tuesday evenings 6:45 – 9:15 at Bethany Lutheran Church from late August through mid-May. Attendance is expected for most rehearsals. Bethany Lutheran Church is located at 4500 East Hampden at the South West intersection of Hampden and Dahlia in Cherry Hills Village. Auditioning for The Cherry Creek Chorale is easy! It takes about 15 minutes and no special preparation is required. The audition consists of:
- Singing “America” (My Country ‘Tis of Thee) in a variety of keys
- Vocalizing to ascertain range and tone quality
- Sing an a cappela major scale
- Sing a selection of aural recall exercises
- Sight read melody and rhythm
- Perform a music independence exercise
You’ll talk briefly with Brian Leatherman, our Artistic Director and Conductor, about your choral background, interest, and commitment. The Chorale schedule, dues, performance attire and attendance policy will be explained by a member of the Member Services Committee. If you can commit to the responsibilities of membership, enjoy performing the best choral literature, and want to share the enthusiasm and friendship of fellow singers, then call the Chorale hotline, 303-789-5920, or click here to arrange an audition via email!
Auditions for NEW chorale members and re-auditions for RETURNING members who have missed 2 or more concerts will be held by appointment only, at the Director’s discretion. To schedule an audition, please send an email to email@example.com.